The Future Climate website is owned and provided by Future Climate Ltd (registered in England and Wales with company number 08318444) whose operational office is Future Climate Info Ltd, Suite 9, 10 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4YU.
Future Climate Ltd (Company number 08318444) is the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of your personal data in connection with the Services. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal data or any other related data protection questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Website, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Website, changes you make to information you supply to us.
Telephone calls that you make to our customer services help line on +44 (0) 1279 798 111 may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We and other members of the Convey Choice Group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services; and/or
- to personalise and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party
PASSING ON INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
As part of using our Services you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies whose products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with an online quotation for the product and/or service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. For further information about these third parties, please contact us at: email@example.com. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- The Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you (see our section on Keeping you informed about offers and services below);
- If you use our Services to search for and compare insurance products, the information you provide may be used to carry out certain credit checks through licensed credit - referencing agencies. This is used as part of the underwriting process for some of the insurance providers and a record of this search will be made although this will not adversely affect your credit profile.
WHERE PERMITTED BY DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY LAW, WE MAY ALSO DISCLOSE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- if required or permitted to do so by law; and/or
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency; and/or
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED OF OFFERS AND SERVICES
You agree that we and other trusted third parties shall be entitled to advise you via email, post, telephone or by text of products, services and other offers we think may interest you. For example, we may email you letting you know how you could save money by changing products and services.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting our Customer Services team on 44 (0) 1279 798 111 (lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.30) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, which we will do. Such a request may result in us ceasing to offer the Services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
IMPROVING OUR SERVICE TO YOU
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the website. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the website.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND DATA PRIVACY
We have no responsibility for the uses to which a provider puts your personal information.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. The cookie used to keep you signed in to your account expires after 90 days. Every time you visit futureclimateinfo.com, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings.If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. For example, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we have about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You must check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is correct, complete,accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
We may also need to collect information from you about other individuals, e.g.additional property owners if you request a car insurance quotation. As explained in our Terms and Conditions, by submitting another person's details you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.